Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Works with the master carpenter, technical director and other scene shop personnel to support the director and set designers vision for each show
* Reads and interprets shop drawings
* Fabricates and installs high quality scenic elements
* Other related duties as assigned
Carpenters, under the supervision of the master carpenter will work mainly in our 4000 square foot, heated and air conditioned scene shop to produce sets for our 6 mainstage and 4 touring shows. Carpenters will also assist with the load-in and strike of the main stage shows, organization of storage areas and maintenance of theatre equipment. Work schedule is typically M-F 9-5 with occasional evening and weekend work.
Carpenters can generally expect to work 30 to 40 hours per week from mid-July till mid-April and reduced hours during our off season and holidays.We also maintain a list of over hire carpenters who are available to work on short notice for shorter periods of time.
* Prior experience in carpentry is required.
* We work with a large variety of materials – wood, foams, plastics, plaster, metals etc. Any experience working with these materials is desired.
* Experience in minor electrics, mechanics and/or rigging is helpful.