The objective of this position is to complete shop drawings assigned on a complete, accurate, and timely basis and in compliance with the quality standards required.
Our Technical designers are required to design and detail all specific project scopes of work (in all fields including but not limited to Scenic, Millwork, Structural, Specialty Structural, Architectural, Ornamental & Cladding) and support staff to meet project schedule. They will also work as a liaison between the Design and Production departments and participate in client consultation by providing technical expertise in the design process. They will be responsible for design of durable materials and ease of fabrication and installation.
• AutoCAD proficiency required, other design software a plus
• Working knowledge of design and detailing of one or more of the following: Scenic, Millwork, Metal Structure, Sheet Metal, Ornamental Metals, Miscellaneous Iron.
• 3D modeling for fabrication
• Detail Parts for fabrication
• Ability to navigate contract documents drawings (Architectural, Structural, etc)
• Create or revise drawings from sketches and redline markups
• Managing the installation drawings required for given projects
• Perform related fundamental engineering support tasks
• Layer management and usage
• Drawing scales as they relate to text, dimensions, view ports, paper space etc…
• Quality control of construction documents as it relates to standard drafting practices and company CAD standard
• Field measurement, observation, and verification at project sites
• Interactions with clients and contractors
• Develop and deliver progress reports along with other project requirements and documentation
• Experience with managing multiple projects
• Coordinating with lead technicians, programmers and engineers assigned to the projects
• Microsoft Office software
We are hiring for a full time position offering:
• Medical Insurance package
• Paid Holidays
• PTO (Personal Time Off)
• 401K available